Take a 4-day soft-adventure trip in an off-road vehicle from Alice Springs, through Western MacDonnell Ranges to Kings Canyon and Ayers Rock! Comfortable hotel and lodge accommodation along the way. Upgraded accommodation to 4.5 & 5 star hotels available upon request.
On this adventure tour you’ll see::
- Alice Springs and the Western MacDonnell Ranges National Park (Tjoritja)
- Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon)
- Sunset and sunrise at Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park in the heart of the Outback including Ayers Rock (Uluru)
Departures: Sundays (pick up from hotels approx 08.00 -08.30 hrs, tour finishes at Ayers Rock Resort (Yulara) or Ayers Rock Airport (Connellan Airport) around lunch time. Return transfer to Alice Springs is optional only and on request (additional fee applies).
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Departs from Alice Springs and finishes at Ayers Rock (Uluru)|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Hotel pickup between 8:00 and 8:30AM|
|TOUR ENDS||Ayers Rock Resort or Ayers Rock Airport around lunch time|
National Park admissions
Day 1: Alice Springs - Glen Helen Gorge
- Your tour starts with a short sightseeing trip of Alice Springs including a stopover at the ANZAC Hill lookout
- Visit the historic Telegraph Sation, where “The Alice“ was founded
- Depart for Simpsons Gap in the Western MacDonnell Ranges National Park (Tjoritja), where you might spot cute rock wallabies during a short walk
- Relax at Ellery Creek Big Hole, the secret site for Arrernte people and a popular outback swimming spot
- Experience the Ghostgum Walk at Ormiston Gorge
- Stay at the Wilderness Lodge on the bank of the Finke River
Day 2: Glen Helen - Wararrka National Park (Kings Canyon
- Start the day with a refreshing swim in Glen Helen Gorge surrounded by beautiful rock formations
- Take the dusty Mereenie Road across a colourful semi desert to Watarrka National Park
- In the afternoon enjoy the 2-3 hrs walk up and across the Kings Canyon plateau, from the sandstone domes of the “Lost City“ to the oasis of the “Garden of Eden” (This walk is only available during the wintertime. If the temperature is over 36 deg, the walk is closed)
- Stay at the Kings Canyon Resort
- B, D
Day 3: Watarrka - Uluru Kata-Tjuta National Park
- Drive over red sand dunes and past salt lakes to Uluru National Park
- Check in at Ayers Rock Resort (Yulara) and look for the most delicious spot for lunch in Yulara village
- Travel to Kata-Tjuta (Olgas) and take the “Valley of Winds” 1-2 hr walk to the lookout
- Catch a magnificent sunset at Uluru (Ayers Rock) with a (now) traditional glass of sparkling wine
Day 4: Uluru
- Early departure to catch sunrise at Uluru (Ayers Rock) followed by a relaxing walk to water holes and caves with Aboriginal rock paintings
- Visit the award-winning Cultural Centre
- Returning to Yulara village for breakfast and departure. Return transfers to Alice Springs for an additional fee on request, if available.
Length and grade of walks adjusted according to fitness levels – where possible . We reserve the right to alter the tour itinerary should roads be flooded or closed. In that case we do our best to offer alternative accommodation with the same standard.