We’re always on the hunt for adventurous legends to join the JOOB (Jump Out of Bed) Travel family. As our name suggests we’re all about seizing the day and experiencing the Great Outdoors from sun up to sun down!
Our brands consist of Waratah Adventure Tours and Inspiration Outdoors which run walking tours across Australia.
Positions are available in WA, NT, TAS, VIC, QLD and SA with year round work if you are up for travelling to different states to work a season.
The job entails bus driving, cooking (some tours), walking and storytelling/interpretation, as well as packing for tours.
Our guides must have CAKE:
- Caring nature. The number one thing we are looking for is a guide with a genuine interest in people and concern for their well being.
- Attentive to details and people’s needs.
- Knowledgable and interested in learning. You might have a particular interest in history, plants, birds, geology (but you don’t need to be an expert)
- Enthusiastic! Lots of energy is required to be a great guide.
Essential Skills / Qualifications (can be obtained after interview process)
- Remote or Wilderness First Aid certificate
- Medium Rigid driver’s licence
- Endorsement on driver’s licence for driving tourist
- Highly Preferred Skills/Knowledge/Experience:
- Guiding Experience, especially on multi-day tours.
- Cooking skills and an interest in wholesome and delicious food. You don’t need to be a master chef, but you should be a little beyond fried eggs and bacon.
- Knowledge and experience of various walking trails.
- Physically fit. You need to be comfortable walking for up to 25 km with a 16kg – 18kg back pack.
We hire for attitudes and can train for skills so please don’t be concerned if you do not have all of the relevant skills/experience required.
If you want to know more or apply for a guiding position feel free to call us on 1300 544 882, or email [email protected] with your CV and tell us a little about yourself!
JUMP OUT OF BED and GET ONBORD!