Even though Tasmania is the smallest state in Australia, it offers some of the most tantalising tourist attractions, along with a collection of the most beautiful landscapes in the entire country. If you are planning a trip to Tasmania, there are endless opportunities for exploration, with a variety of experiences suited to all interests, lifestyles, and tastes. Whether you are looking for a relaxed, calming holiday, or a fast-paced, adventurous vacation, there are dozens of must-see locations ready to excite and delight anyone who visits the Apple Isle.
Travelling to Tasmania
Where else in the country could you climb a mountain, explore unique modern art, dine in world-class venues, and traverse eclectic markets all in one day? Travelling to Tasmania offers an exciting and unique experience to anyone looking for holiday packages filled with diverse and unique tourist opportunities.
At Waratah Adventure Tours, we offer a glimpse into the wonders that a trip to Tasmania can offer, drawing on the best places to go, as well as the must-see tourist attractions that are scattered throughout the island. For those considering travelling to Tasmania, we have provided a selection of some of the best places to visit, as well as some of the most exciting tourist attractions to get you excited about booking your own Tasmanian holiday packages.
The Best Places to Visit in Tasmania
When travelling to Tasmania, there are a variety of must-see locations that will truly take your breath away. Packed with gorgeous landscapes, a rich history, diverse culture, unique structures, and vibrant natural settings, many of the best places in Tasmania will actually leave you wanting more!
When constructing your holiday package for your next Tasmania trip, some of the best places to visit include:
- The Freycinet National Park on Tasmania’s east coast
- The charming capital city of Hobart, filled with unique and diverse locations
- The UNESCO World Heritage Site Cradle Mountain
- The tranquil Lake St. Clair
- Bay of Fires just north of Binalong Bay
- The quintessentially Tasmanian town of Bicheno
- The port town of Strahan
- The cultural hub of Launceston
- The epic waterfalls at Mount Field National Park
- Bruny Island
- Port Arthur and Cape Raoul in the Tasman Peninsula
- Maria Island
With so much to see and explore when travelling to Tasmania, you can visit each of these amazing tourist places over and over again. Bursting with iconic sights, seasonal activities, festivals, exhibitions and countless other tourist attractions and sightseeing opportunities to leave you longing for another Tasmania trip.
The Best Tourist Attractions in Tasmania
When it comes to tourist attractions and selecting holiday packages for travelling to Tasmania, you are spoiled for choice. From enjoying the lush wilderness to revelling in world-class restaurants, relaxing on white sandy beaches to adrenaline-pumping activities, there is something for everyone when you travel to the best tourist places in Tasmania.
To help you begin putting together ideas for your holiday package, here are only some of the must-see attractions and tourist experiences to include:
- Adventuring along the historic waterfront in Hobart, enjoying the various markets (including the world famous salamanca markets on every weekend), galleries, and theatres along the way.
- Shopping in vintage stores, unique boutiques, and local markets.
- Venturing to Bruny Island for a day of sightseeing and embracing the local cuisine.
- Experiencing the Museum of Old and New Art, filled with must-see installations and artworks.
- Making your way to the top of Mount Wellington to take in breathtaking panoramic views.
- Visiting historic breweries for craft beer and whiskey tastings.
- Kayaking along the Hobart waterfront for a floating fish and chips experience.
- Immersing yourself in history at the heritage-listed convict sites.
- Experiencing the local wildlife, including the famed Tasmanian Devils.
Travelling to Tasmania with Waratah Adventure Tours
If you are excited to find out more about the best holiday packages for your Tasmanian travels, then get ready to experience the best places & attractions to visit in Tasmania with our incredible holiday packages at Waratah Adventure Tours. Enjoy the benefits of experienced, professional tour guides and small group tours to fully immerse yourself in the culture and connect with fellow travellers.
Learn more about our Tasmanian Touring Packages and discover for yourself how we will take you on a journey of history, food and wine, all the while exploring the unique flora and fauna, and taking in majestic, iconic sights. Enjoy a holiday package with the flexibility of independent exploration and the benefits of a guided tour, including fantastic accommodation, exquisite meals, and comfortable transport ideal for traveling in Tasmania.
For more information on our incredible tour options, contact our team members and start preparing for your next Tasmanian trip today.